I’m still here! I promise, I’ve just been overtaken by stuff like massively expensive car repairs and back injuries.
It’s Thursday here, and I’ve been ordered by the chiropractor to have time off work, so I’m off till the end of the Foundation Day weekend. Of course, tomorrow begins the Toodyay knitting retreat, so the whole weekend will be a utopia of knitting and spinning and a general fibrey love-in! I head up to Toodyay tomorrow, and I’m sure it will be a slow trip as I’m to stop and get out to have a stretch and a walk-around every twenty minutes, per doctor’s orders!
What I’m taking:
- my started-but-haven’t-got-very-far Danish shawl, which I’m making out of others’ handspun yarns
- my experimental scarf, being knit out of active handspun singles
- Kozue, being knit out of a strange little grey alpaca/nylon boucle
- makings of the Bittersweet Teak gauntlets, to be made from handspun for a friend. I hope to start and finish them on the weekend . . . but we’ll see.
- Notional Serpent yarn and fibre (wheel)
- Wensleydale/silk top that I’m spinning on my wheel into low-twist laceweight singles
- support spindle project that’s been ongoing for months and months
- two (or is it three?) drop-spindle projects
- almost all my spindles to do the spindle demonstration
- camel/silk laceweight, in the hope that someone will have an Ashford Traditional that I can commandeer for an hour or so
What do you think – am I crazy? Well, I can’t stand being bored and I have a short attention span. So I figure – why not?
So I’ll be away for a bit, but hopefully will have lots and lots of news when I get back! In the meantime – here is my latest finished spin. 3-ply super-bulky, one ply from Corgi Hill Farm BFL, one from a Bohoknitterchic Spin-A-Long batt “Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes”, and one from the coordinating Boho BFL top and merino, cormo and mohair locks. For what I think are obvious reasons, I’ve chosen to call it, “Too Many Rides On The Rollercoaster”.