I finally did it, peeps! A long-ass time ago, I made it my Mission of the Week to build a DIY lightbox for photographing my yarn, fibre and smaller knitting projects. Well, six or seven weeks later, I’ve finally done it. Here’s my process, in pikshers. (Note: I used a Stanley knife, which can be an immensely dangerous object. If you do this little project and use one, take a minute before you start to really focus on how to use it safely.)
Of course, I couldn’t wait to see the result! Here’s a photo of the latest yarn I spun, taken as I’ve always taken them, in diffused sunlight:
And here’s the same skein, in the light box!
Okay, so I need some practise and should probably get some artificial lights set up as well as using it in daylight, but I’m so happy with it! And proud that I finally managed to tick that job off my list, too. Now, I’m off to organise the fibre stash, coz it’s well and truly out of hand.