In my last couple of posts, I recounted the tale of the ill-fated special order of hand-dyed yarn that came to me in entirely the wrong colour. Well, what I didn’t tell you was that I overdyed it. Purple. Just to remind you, this is what it looked like when I got it out of the parcel:
Pretty, but not what i wanted. So i did this to it.
And this is what I got. Droooooooooool.
The great thing was, I managed to get it dry in time to cast on for the Ravellenic Games. (If you don’t know what that is – it’s a whole heap of knitters knitting for their absolute lives for the duration of the Olympic games. Don’t ask, I don’t know why either. Anyway.) This is where I was at a couple of days ago – there’s a bit more now. The fabric looks like what you’d get if a sapphire and an amethyst had a love-child, and the photos just cannot do it justice. I’ll try to get better ones when the garment (a cabled jumper/sweater) is finished.