1. Waking up next to my wonderful girlfriend. This time last year, we were on opposite sides of the country and I was pining for her so much. I’m so lucky to have her in my life. We’re going to be apart for New Year’s again this year, but as I said to her, every day is the start of a new year together so I don’t really mind.
3. Planet Books and Daily Planet Cafe. No doubt I sound like a broken record, but this place restores my faith in the possibility of an awesome sub-culture-inspired mainstream culture. The hipsters haven’t made it awful (yet). It’s still neutral territory.
4. A dog water bowl put out by a thoughtful business on Beaufort Street.
5. Aforementioned thoughtful business also having a great selection of queer culture free press media. (Name of said business is Beaufort St Books. They rock.)
5. My cat. Like me, she’s not at all photogenic, but you’ll take my word for it when I say…she’s adorable. She teaches me about unconditional love, and loves me even after I forget every lesson of all our years together.
7. Our garden.